A classic, revisited! And this time with the added flavor and nutrition of bone broth. Simple, quick, and delicious, Jordan offers up some heat options and tops off this rich chili with cotija cheese, cilantro and avocado! Enjoy!
RECIPE BY JORDAN CABATIC
- 1 lb ground venison
- 2 cups venison bone broth
- 15 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can of chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (*recommended 2 whole peppers from the can, add less or more to heat preference.)
- 1 15oz can kidney beans (can sub with any other preferred beans or leave out altogether)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 ½ - 2 Tbsps chili powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Neutral oil
- Optional Toppings: Cotija cheese, cilantro, avocado
Heat a large pot on medium heat. When the pot is hot, add a generous drizzle of oil. Add onion, green bell pepper, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté until onion and bell pepper soften (about 5-6 minutes).
Then add garlic and continuously stir for about 1 minute.
Place ground venison in a pot. Break it apart with a spatula and season meat with salt and pepper. Cook until browned.
Stir in venison bone broth, roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, and seasonings. Bring to a simmer. Then mix in kidney beans.
Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, uncovered for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Let chili rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to taste.
Finish with adding preferred toppings. Enjoy!