- 1 pack of Maui Nui venison rib chops (or rib rack sliced into chops)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- Avocado oil
- Ali Verde Sauce (see recipe below)
Start by making Aji Verde sauce and set in refrigerator until ready to use.
Prepare your venison chops by trimming away any visible silver skin. Rinse in cold water and pat completely dry. Drizzle about 1 tbsp avocado oil all over rib chops and rub in cumin seeds, chili powder, and salt until evenly coated.
Pre-heat a large cast-iron skillet for 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat.
When the pan is hot, lightly coat bottom of pan with avocado oil.
As soon as the oil is smoking hot, add chops to pan and sear undisturbed for about 2-3 minutes. Flip and sear for another 2-3 minutes. (For medium-rare doneness about 5-6 minutes total)
Serve with Aji Verde Sauce. Enjoy with your choice of starch or veggies!
- 2 cups cilantro, lightly packed, leaves and small stems
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1-2 serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeds and stem removed
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp aji amarillo paste (can sub with 1serrano or jalapeño peppers)
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth paste.