- 1 package Maui Nui loin filet
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter Kerrygold or any good quality butter)
- 2 small whole black garlic (15 grams)
- 1/2 tbsp white miso
- 2.5 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp mushroom seasoning powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil or ghee butter
To make the compound butter, add butter, black garlic, miso paste, mushroom powder, and chives to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Start by pre-heating a large cast-iron skillet for 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat. Pat each filet completely dry and season with salt and pepper.
Once the pan is hot, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
As soon as the oil is hot, place the loin filets in the pan and sear, turning every 2-3 minutes, until a deep brown crust forms. If the pan looks a little dry, add more oil/fat.
Sear sides and for about 6-7 minutes, and then drop the heat to low and add half of the compound butter to the pan. Using a spoon, baste over the filets for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from pan and let rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Slice the filets and top with creamy black garlic miso butter. Enjoy!