- 1 pack Maui Nui venison leg medallions
- 1-2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Thai basil, finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3-4 Thai chili peppers, thinly sliced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp coconut or cane sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Neutral oil
Rinse medallions in cold water and pat dry. Marinate in shoyu and black pepper and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
Using a large cast-iron skillet, set heat to medium-high. Once the skillet is heated, generously drizzle with oil. Place medallions in skillet and sear each side for about 2-3 minutes, adding a minute or two if you like more done. Remove from skillet and lightly season with salt. Set aside and let medallions rest for at least 5 minutes.
In a large bowl add garlic, Thai chilies, fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice. Mix well. Then add Thai basil, cilantro, green onions, shallots, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
Thinly slice medallions then add them along with their juices to the bowl. Toss everything together. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with rice or salad greens. Enjoy!