Our go-to summer dish that’s the perfect reason to fire up the grill! Venison kofta kebabs full of herbs and warm spices are served on a pita and topped with a creamy cucumber tzatziki sauce. Add this one to your list of must-try ground recipes.
RECIPE BY JORDAN CABATIC
- 1 pack of Maui Nui ground venison
- 1/2 small sweet onion, finely grated
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- garlic salt
- olive oil
- pita bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Tzatziki sauce (see ingredients below)
First, prep Tzatziki sauce by combining all sauce ingredients. Set in fridge and allow to chill.
Next, in a large bowl, combine ground venison, onion, garlic, mint, parsley, and seasonings. Mix well and let sit for a minimum of 1 hr to allow ingredients to settle.
Soak skewers for a minimum of 15 mins prior to cooking.
Set up the grill with charcoal, wood, or a mixture of both.
Take a handful of meat and mold it onto a skewer until about 1 inch in thickness.
Lay each kebab on a sheet pan and generously drizzle with olive oil on all sides.
When the grill is hot, place kebabs on the grill and cook for about 6-7 minutes, turning continuously.
Remove from grill and lightly season with garlic salt to taste.
Place pita bread on the grill for a few seconds to warm.
Build pita by placing kebab and desired toppings on pita bread, finishing off with a generous amount of Tzatziki sauce.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2-3 garlic cloves, smashed and finely minced
- 1 medium cucumber, grated
- 1-2 tsp fresh dill or dry seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste